Thursday, June 3, 2010

[android-developers] Froyo Wi-Fi hotspot mode and server apps

How do I find the IP address of my Android device when it is in
Froyo's Wi-Fi hotspot mode? My Ubuntu netbook finds the SSID:
AndroidAP. When I connect to Froyo's DHCP server it assigns my netbook
an IP address of 10.42.43.1 Broadcast 10.42.43.255 Mask 255.255.255.0

If I run a server app on my Android -- say an FTP server for instance
--, what IP address would I give the client running on my netbook?

I would hope that Froyo supports server apps in Wi-Fi hotspot mode the
same way as it supports server apps in Wi-Fi DHCP client mode. Does
it? How is it supported in the SDK? We can change the SSID and
security. Can we change the broadcast channel?

hgb@louie-ux:~$ iwconfig wlan0
wlan0 IEEE 802.11bg ESSID:"AndroidAP"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point:
00:23:76:97:38:7C
Bit Rate=24 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=70/70 Signal level=-37 dBm Noise level=-95
dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment