Thursday, June 10, 2010

[android-developers] Re: App disappears from the Market after upgrade

Hi, thankyou, they are still displaying in 2.1+

But unfortunately though they're no longer visible in android 1.6
which is a fair chunk of market I'm missing!

Ian

On Jun 10, 8:20 am, Scott STEPHEN - Better Contacts
<scott.stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian,
>
> Just to confirm, I do see your apps.
> Milestone & Desire 2.1-update1.
>
> Scott
>
> On Jun 10, 9:00 am, "piemm...@googlemail.com"
>
> <piemm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, the apps are both versions of Torque.
>
> > I have found the visibility problem however - someone has changed the
> > market system to exclude apps with the Bluetooth permission for
> > Android 1.6 devices.
>
> > This behaviour is in my opinion wrong, because I might have added
> > support for bluetooth in my app (for 2.0+ devices) but it must also
> > work in 1.5/1.6 as the 'bluetooth' option in my app may be simply
> > grayed out (This is not in the case of Torque however).
>
> > Adding the uses bluetooth permission should not *now* hide the app
> > from the market when the previous incarnation of the market allowed it
> > to be visible, even if it was 'incorrect'. For 1.5/1.6 devices that
> > permission simply should not matter at all.
>
> > This is almost a case for a kind of '<requires-capabilities>' (I
> > currently do not know if this exists or is coming, correct me if I am
> > wrong) as I may have an app designed for ALL versions of android,
> > where bluetooth is a nice feature, but is not a *required* feature and
> > I may have coded for that scenario.
>
> > Anyway, it seems that:
>
> > <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH">
>
> > now hides apps for 1.5/1.6 devices whereby before the market upgrade,
> > it didn't. (This is now a problem for me)
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Ian.
>
> > On Jun 10, 7:19 am, Scott STEPHEN - Better Contacts
>
> > <scott.stephen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ian,
>
> > > What apps ? I will test here from France.
>
> > > Scott
>
> > > On Jun 10, 8:09 am, "piemm...@googlemail.com"
>
> > > <piemm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > > Similar problems here,
>
> > > > Before google did the market 'fix' for 2.1/2.2,  2 of my apps (Torque)
> > > > appeared correctly in the Android Market for Android1.6 and upward
> > > > (The MyTouch 3G as an example), after the upgrade, they are no longer
> > > > visible apart from on Android 2.x+ devices
>
> > > > Regards,
>
> > > > Ian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment