Monday, June 21, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Transparent textures in OpenGL ES.. How?

Correction: if I use the original ARGB format of the .png without
converting it to RGBA, it doesn't work at all. (But with RGBA it has
the problem as stated).

On Jun 21, 5:30 pm, Navigateur <naveen.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I should add, maybe GL10's glTexImage2D is the way to go here but I
> can't get that working at all. Maybe I have the pixel buffer pixels in
> the wrong order, since I use Bitmap's copyPixelsToBuffer to create the
> pixels buffer (what's the correct ordering for pixels in this buffer)?
> Or is GLUtils.texImage2D is the best one to call?
>
> On Jun 21, 4:57 pm, Navigateur <naveen.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I can't seem to get GLUtils.texImage2D to use my full RGBA (A=my alpha
> > component). I've tried doing setEGLConfigChooser(8, 8, 8, 8, 0, 0);
> > getHolder().setFormat(PixelFormat.RGBA_8888);
>
> > I've tried converting the source image (.png in ARGB) to RGBA.. which
> > works ok for the ordering of data before texImage2D, but when it
> > draws, it draws yellow where it should be "transparent white"... which
> > suggests it's diminishing the "B"(blue) component instead of the
> > A(alpha) component. But the same thing happens when I just use the
> > orignal ARGB data instead ("B" diminishes instead of "A", leaving
> > yellow). I have no idea why but I'll keep trying, but has anybody done
> > this properly and has the answer?- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment