Monday, June 21, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Transparent textures in OpenGL ES.. How?

I got it working! The right data order is ARGB, but it just wasn't
accepting my original data for some reason (even though the data is
fine)... so by writing it, pixel by pixel, to a new Bitmap.. it works
(that's why RGBA version was treating the "A" as "B") Can anyone tell
me why I have to write a new Bitmap (it's a waste of processing). Does
the Bitmap have to be "mutable" or something?

On Jun 21, 6:13 pm, Navigateur <naveen.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Correction: if I use the original ARGB format of the .png without
> converting it to RGBA, it doesn't work at all. (But with RGBA it has
> the problem as stated).
>
> On Jun 21, 5:30 pm, Navigateur <naveen.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I should add, maybe GL10's glTexImage2D is the way to go here but I
> > can't get that working at all. Maybe I have the pixel buffer pixels in
> > the wrong order, since I use Bitmap's copyPixelsToBuffer to create the
> > pixels buffer (what's the correct ordering for pixels in this buffer)?
> > Or is GLUtils.texImage2D is the best one to call?
>
> > On Jun 21, 4:57 pm, Navigateur <naveen.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I can't seem to get GLUtils.texImage2D to use my full RGBA (A=my alpha
> > > component). I've tried doing setEGLConfigChooser(8, 8, 8, 8, 0, 0);
> > > getHolder().setFormat(PixelFormat.RGBA_8888);
>
> > > I've tried converting the source image (.png in ARGB) to RGBA.. which
> > > works ok for the ordering of data before texImage2D, but when it
> > > draws, it draws yellow where it should be "transparent white"... which
> > > suggests it's diminishing the "B"(blue) component instead of the
> > > A(alpha) component. But the same thing happens when I just use the
> > > orignal ARGB data instead ("B" diminishes instead of "A", leaving
> > > yellow). I have no idea why but I'll keep trying, but has anybody done
> > > this properly and has the answer?- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment