Thursday, June 17, 2010

[android-developers] Should I bother with my own sync adapter?

In my current app I decided to integrate into account management and create a sync adapter. I'm wondering if it's worth doing this over an alarm manager approach as I don't believe it's supported below 2.0? Even worse I'm currently using a 2.2 API to set the sync interval (not possible before ??) which is definitely a problem! Also the users accounts have no contacts associated with them so at times my account type shows up in dialogues that aren't really applicable.

Sounds like I've answered my own question but I'm curious to hear other perspectives.

Cheers,
Stace

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment