Monday, June 7, 2010

[android-developers] Testing activity which uses Intent.CATEGORY_INFO

I have an app I'd like to publish on the market. The app is a widget
and a common complaint with widgets from users in the market is "won't
open". Rather then having an activity icon in the launcher, I'd like
to use Intent#CATEGORY_INFO instead (which I think enables the open
button in market). According to the docs, this category
"
Provides information about the package it is in; typically used if a
package does not contain a CATEGORY_LAUNCHER to provide a front-door
to the user without having to be shown in the all apps list. "

How can I launch access an activity which filters for this category? I
could just change to the default and have the icon show in launcher
but I'd like to test this category to make sure it works fine.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment