Wednesday, September 8, 2010

[android-developers] Network Failure error when trying to use maps from Eclipse

I have my Eclipse emulator up and going with 2.1 and the google apis.
I have also added the internet permissions and the uses google library
to the manifest. When I run the emulator and choose the map icon
from the home screen or try to launch a MapActivity from my own app it
just sits there forever and eventually gives me a dialog with:

Network Failure

This application requires a working data connection

I know the internet permissions work because the web browser works and
I can also download images to my app from the web. I am behind my
companies firewall so I don't know if this is a specific port issue
with maps or maybe I have my map key wrong or what the problem is. If
anyone have any advice I would appreciate it.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment