Saturday, September 4, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Market Server Bug -- Download Error

A lesson learnt. :) Yup, I always do that check.

-Kumar Bibek

On Sep 4, 8:34 pm, "nubin...@gmail.com" <nubin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a problem with the Market yesterday:
>
> Upload a new APK version 134
> After the upload finishes, cancels the upload
> Upload a new APK (different than the last uploaded file, but still
> version 134)
> Publish
>
> 10 minutes later I found my app was missing from the Market. I went to
> Developer Console and it asked me to agree to new license agreements,
> so I did. At this point, my app's status is again visible from the
> Market. I felt satisfied and went to sleep.
>
> Next morning I got a flood of e-mails saying that my app shows
> "Download Error" in Market, and no one is able to install or update. I
> tried myself and say "404" error in logcat. Apparently the APK has
> been lost by Google server.
>
> I uploaded a new version (just rebuilt and bumped version to 135), and
> I verified that the app can be downloaded again.
>
> I guess the moral of this story is to always verify that you app can
> be downloaded after uploading ....

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment