Thursday, September 16, 2010

[android-developers] Upgrading to the latest SDK -- "update project" fails

Our build process uses cygwin and a shell script. With what is either r4 or r5 since it only goes up to 2.0.1, the following command (with the old version) will update the project fine, provided I've included a manifest:
android.bat update project --target 4 --path .
This'd create default.properties, local.properties, and build.xml, all fine and dandy.
 
I've been putting off upgrading because that line gives me the following errors:
Error: Error parsing the sdk.
Error: C:\cygdrive\c\platforms is missing.
Error: Unable to parse SDK content.
 
Cygwin is too deeply built into our build process to ditch it. I can go back to the old SDK but I'd really like to be able to upgrade one of these days. This is one of those issues where googling only made me feel like I'm the only one in the world who's had this problem. What broke with the newer SDKs?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment