Friday, February 11, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Autofocus callback not happening on HTC Desire HD

Hi Marco,

I've been dealing with other issues with the HTC Desire HD myself.
For instance, the Camera.getHorizontalViewAngle, and
Camera.getFocalLength return -1 instead of proper lens values. I've
already informed HTC about the issue, but I think its fallen on deaf
ears there. I think HTC was sloppy with the Android integration on
that device.

Sorry I can't help your particular issue.

Best,
Stephen Lebed

On Feb 6, 7:14 am, Marco Massarelli <marco.massare...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm facing a problem with a camera application. The problem is that
> after I call autoFocus(callBack), the device doesn't callback.
>
> In the debug logs it's clear that the command was successful and the
> autofocus has started:
>
> 02-06 15:40:44.305: DEBUG/QualcommCameraHardware(1218): autoFocus E
> 02-06 15:40:44.305: DEBUG/QualcommCameraHardware(1218): autoFocus X
> 02-06 15:40:44.315: DEBUG/QualcommCameraHardware(1218): runAutoFocus E
> 02-06 15:40:44.315: DEBUG/QualcommCameraHardware(1218): af start (fd
> 54)
> 02-06 15:40:44.535: INFO/CameraService(1218): [Camera KPI] 1st preview
> frame
>
> After "af start (fd 54)" the method set as callback is never called.
>
> This DOESN'T always happen, it happens just in some cases, mainly when
> I try my best to make the autofocus hard (by placing a finger on the
> camera and remove it before autofocus completes).
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion? My application depends on the callback
> to take the picture, if I don't get the callback it never takes the
> picture.
>
> Thank you all for your support,
>
> Marco

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment