Thursday, February 17, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Newest version of Android Emulator is throwing back DNS errors, extremely limited network connection [Win7x64]

I'm still getting DNS errors inside of Android, although it's now
letting me specify the DNS server without
throwing back errors. Has a cause for this been determined?

On Jan 3, 6:26 pm, hmmwhatsthisdo <dasma...@chemist.com> wrote:
> I recently updated to the latest version of the Android Emulator on
> Windows 7 64-bit, and I've since noticed that I've been barely able to
> get any internet access inside the emulator. I'm not able to browse to
> anything except IP addresses (Google's IP 72.14.204.104 works, but
> google.com doesn't) on any of my AVDs (even those made with a previous
> version of the emulator), which would hint to a DNS problem. When I
> try to use the "-dns-server" option, this is what I get:
>
> DNS server name '212.165.129.157' resolved to 212.165.129.157:55
> ### WARNING: could not add DNS server '212.165.129.157' to the network
> stack
> ### WARNING: will use system default DNS server
>
> I've tried running the emulator as administrator, as a standard user,
> and tried playing with the network settings, all to no avail. Is there
> any way to fix this without much effort?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment