Saturday, March 26, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Amazon Appmarket is now open!

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, updates take just as long to go
through their process as any normal submission. I currently have an
update sitting in their system that has been in it for a week already
(I'm almost ready to release the next update). This is definitely
something they need to improve upon - and I've sent them feedback to
that effect. I encourage others do too. IMO, agile deployment is
crucial for us one-man developers (and is one of our few advantages
over the big development houses) - as you mention, not having that
capability on the Amazon market could become a problem.

Of course - unless you submit to the Amazon appstore far in advance of
submitting to the Android market, you'll be receiving your bug reports
from the market before it goes live on Amazon. In that case, you can
simply contact the Amazon appstore and ask them to cancel/reset the
submission there (I've tried it - they can do it). Not sure whether
they can roll back a version after a new one has gone live, but they
probably can do that too.

Regards,

Michael A.

On Mar 26, 5:21 am, Brill Pappin <bpap...@sixgreen.com> wrote:
> I have once or twice needed to deploy an update hours after a deployment because of sill setting i forgot to deploy, or some bug on a particular platform that I missed during testing.
>
> If it took two weeks for my customers to get an update, I think I'd have lost them.
>
> - Brill Pappin
>   Sixgreen Labs Inc.
>
> On 2011-03-25, at 7:13 PM, Nathan wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Mar 25, 11:37 am, Nathan <critter...@crittermap.com> wrote:
> >> On Mar 25, 11:20 am, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>> Update, they refunded my accidental purchase. *** I love these people.
>
> >> Well, gee, there goes my one sale! ;)
>
> >> Nathan
>
> > I guess it wasn't Treking.
>
> > This one person says that he can't see my latest update.
>
> > Funny, I don't see any button for submitting an update. Perhaps I'll
> > have to ask their support about that.
>
> > I certainly hope an update doesn't take as long as submitting the
> > first time, which was three and a half months. Yes, I know, it was two
> > weeks for most of you. They just forgot about me for a long time.
>
> > Nathan
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Android Developers" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment