Monday, March 21, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How to use the static fragment library in legacy apps?

I don't understand why Google doesn't provide a good and easy-to-use
example... kind of Plug&Play.

I have tried the API Demos example that Google provides and it just
gives a bunch of compilation errors.

At the end I have had to waste my time creating a new project to make
it work. Just adding the Fragment*Support java files didn't work,
because some of them make use of other files like
CheckableFrameLayout.java or SendResult.java.

I think it's not a good experience for developers who try to learn
some new features if they need to fix the example first.

Please, take this as a constructive note. :)


Btw, for anyone with the same problems, I have get it working on
phones running Android >2.2, if anyone is interested:
http://www.ideaknow.com/downloads/APIDemos_FragmentTests.zip

On 5 mar, 18:54, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Alessio Grumiro <a.grum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you give me another sample app, please?
>
> Um, no.  I've already written a lot of samples.  I'd suggest as a first step
> copying the code from one of the 10 or so samples in ApiDemos and making
> sure it works in your project.  Be sure it is one of the ones with the name
> of the form "Fragment*Support.java"; the ones that don't end in "support"
> are for using the HC framework APIs.  (I realize it would be better to have
> these samples off in a different package; I'll move them for a future
> version.)
>
> --
> Dianne Hackborn
> Android framework engineer
> hack...@android.com
>
> Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to
> provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such
> questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and
> answer them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment