Tuesday, March 8, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Install % drop again?

On the other hand, maybe Google realized that a lot of people are
bored with seeeing the same old apps on the front Market page week in
week out. I think this "old system" created a bigger and bigger divide
between established apps and the new apps that have no chance to even
come near the big ones, so people never see them. In turn established
apps make more and more money and the small apps just bump around the
bottom even though they may be just as good.

On Mar 9, 2:51 am, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's good to know that I am not alone.  I've gone through various
> channels now, but I haven't had an answer yet from any of them, not
> too surprisingly.
>
> I don't know about the algorithm change -- the install % is pretty
> black & white in my book and none of my main competitors have suffered
> the same ranking loss.
>
> If this won't get "fixed", I will have no choice just to abandon my
> app as my sales the last few days don't make it feasible to continue
> with it.
>
> On Mar 9, 9:45 am, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just to make myself heard: you're not alone here, Zsolt. I don't monitor my
> > install percentage closely (I have enough on my plate already) but the last
> > week or so, my rankings have all nosedived, with sales following right
> > behind. No updates in the timeframe, no other externalities AFAICT.
>
> > I'm pretty certain it's an algorithmic change behind the scenes on the
> > Market. Whether it was intentional or not, I can't say.
>
> > String
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment