Wednesday, March 9, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Install % drop again?

Nothing is impossible, but I doubt it in this case. My app is
probably the 2nd most popular (but the highest average rating) among
it's direct competitors, but the #1 app has not moved down in ranking,
actually the opposite. My app has also never been on the front page
that I know of, which I agree, features the same apps all the time.

On Mar 9, 3:54 pm, DraganA <dand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, maybe Google realized that a lot of people are
> bored with seeeing the same old apps on the front Market page week in
> week out. I think this "old system" created a bigger and bigger divide
> between established apps and the new apps that have no chance to even
> come near the big ones, so people never see them. In turn established
> apps make more and more money and the small apps just bump around the
> bottom even though they may be just as good.
>
> On Mar 9, 2:51 am, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > It's good to know that I am not alone.  I've gone through various
> > channels now, but I haven't had an answer yet from any of them, not
> > too surprisingly.
>
> > I don't know about the algorithm change -- the install % is pretty
> > black & white in my book and none of my main competitors have suffered
> > the same ranking loss.
>
> > If this won't get "fixed", I will have no choice just to abandon my
> > app as my sales the last few days don't make it feasible to continue
> > with it.
>
> > On Mar 9, 9:45 am, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just to make myself heard: you're not alone here, Zsolt. I don't monitor my
> > > install percentage closely (I have enough on my plate already) but the last
> > > week or so, my rankings have all nosedived, with sales following right
> > > behind. No updates in the timeframe, no other externalities AFAICT.
>
> > > I'm pretty certain it's an algorithmic change behind the scenes on the
> > > Market. Whether it was intentional or not, I can't say.
>
> > > String- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment