Friday, March 11, 2011

[android-developers] resource not found exception - framework

Hi All,

I was trying to replace exisiting status bar with custom one, the
following are the steps I tried:

1) I added a new project file in framework/base as 'customstatus' ,
all my source of new status bar and resuorce elements are here. When I
compile this I get the custom-res.apk ,

2) Further I modified build/core/pathap.mk to my customstatus (under
FRAMEWORK_BASE_SUBDIRS)

3) framework/base/Android.mk , added my resource file path as
customstatus-source-path := APPS/customstatus-res_intermediates/src
LOCAL_INTERMEDIATE_SOURCES := $(customstatus-source-path)/com/mist/
customstatus/R.java

4) in /frameorks/base/services/java/com/android/server/status/
StatusBarService.java , in this I replaced original status bar view
with my customstatus bar view.

I comiled framework , copied framework.jar,
services.jar ,customstatus-
res.apk into my device, rebooted, I see my custom status bar.


Now , I wanted to add a icon for volume , so added a icon iamge in my
customstatus/res/drawable , used it in my sustom status bar java file,
the source compiled fine. But when I deploy this on board I get the
error:

E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS. System will
crash.
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): android.content.res.Resources
$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f020001
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at
android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:891)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at
android.content.res.Resources.getDrawable(Resources.java:579)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at
android.view.View.setBackgroundResource(View.java:7186)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at
com.mist.customstatus.CustomStatusBarView.setVolumeLealarm_release:
clear alarm, pending 0
vel(CustomStatusBarView.java:82)binder: release 1370:1370 transaction
3048 in, still active

E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at cbinder: send failed reply for
transaction 3048 to 1425:1425
om.android.server.status.StatusBarService.updateVolumeLevel(StatusBarService.java:
372)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1370): at
com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.performAddUpdateIcon(StatusBarService.java:
758)
E/AndroidRuntimrequest_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 111298797610
(2000-01-01 00:01:50.057922363 UTC)
e( 1370): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService
$H.handleMessage(StatusBarService.java:648)

I further unzipped the customstatus-res.apk to see if my image files
are there, they were all present. tried aapt resource dump too , I see
the corresponding entries inR.java file.

Any Idea what could be going wrong?

Where else should I be placing the sources if my customstaus is not
the right place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Krt

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment