Thursday, March 10, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Please help how can use WiFi hotspot feature in application

> I want to use WiFi hotspot feature in my application.
> But I can't find how can set a arbitrarily SSID or WiFi security option by
> myself in my application.
> Would you tell me how can set a arbitrarily SSID and WiFi security option in
> my application.

There's no standarized way as wifi hotspot is not a part of SDK and
there's bunch of apps that offer that feature. If your device is
rooted you can have any wifi tether app from market. If you got this
app bundled it can be anything manufacturer provided, so you may be
out of luck with general approach

--
Regards,
Marcin Orlowski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment