Wednesday, June 15, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Emulator shows lock screen rather than my app screen for the first time. "MENU" button has to be clicked.

Starting emulator is just like turning on a phone. Usually a phone
displays lock screen at startup so does emulator.

On Jun 14, 12:54 am, Jonathan Zhong <jonathan.zh...@panasonic.aero>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Android development. I apologize if my question is too simple
> to be posted to this group, but I have not found a satisfactory answer
> through Google search.
>
> Start Eclipse. Create/open any simple "HelloWorld" Android project. Run
> the app. This will bring up the emulator. After a few minutes, the lock
> screen appears, instead of the expected "HelloWorld" default Activity
> screen. And I have to click "MENU" button to have my app's screen show
> up. To me this is an extra step, or a little bit frustrating, or confusing.
>
> Note that this does not happen in subsequent runs of my app, which is good.
>
> This is my development environment: Ubuntu 2.6.32 32-bit; Eclipse SDK
> 3.5.2; Android 2.3.3.
>
> Is this (showing the lock screen rather than my app screen for the first
> time) by design?
>
> How can I skip this extra step?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Jonathan
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
> attachments, may contain confidential information of Panasonic Avionics
> Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
> addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
> of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
> you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
> email and promptly delete the transmission.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment