Tuesday, June 14, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Google removed 10 mallware apps - I'm affected. Please help

Also, don't forget that there are alternatives to Google's Android
Market: it costs you very little to put the same app on slideme.org,
getjar.com and amazon.com.

Now I have to admit, none of these gives you the exposure that
Google's does, but they wey they treat developers is generally more
professional, though I have been surprised at the plausibly
justifiable complaints I have heard about Amazon.

On Jun 14, 3:44 am, Yahel <kaye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry that you only found out now about google's ways of doing things.
>
> That is true to everything Google and that's the best advice I can
> give you : Never ever rely on one of their ecosystems to be your only
> source of income.
>
> Actually you can broaden this : Never ever rely on anyone ecosystem to
> be your only source of income.
>
> But it is especially true for Google : You see, they seem like a huge
> company making billions of dollars in benefice each year so you'd
> think they would have a huge staff helping their users, communicating
> before taking decisions, warning people of services disruption, not
> pushing piles and piles of bugs into the Android Market each and
> everytime they upgrade it since there is a good 10 000 developers
> using it.
>
> But the truth is : For every project Google launches the team that
> works on it is only of 2-6 people. Only engineers, no designers, no
> graphists, no supervisors, no usability engineer. And with such small
> teams for applications that have tenth of thousands users you can
> easily see how they have no time to treat things case by case.
>
> So what happened to you is something like this : An engineer found out
> that one malware used permissions XX and a specific access to i/o via
> NDK. So since he has no time for these foolisheries he just pulled all
> the apps that have these specifics in their code.
>
> - "That's 10 apps and there is one with 6,5 millions downloads and a
> five star rating and no complaints"
> - "Yeah I don't care we don't have time for this, pull the plug !!"
>
> For what it's worth, with a delay of two weeks I was able to have a
> contact with the Android Market team once on this mail address :
> android-market-support AT google.com
>
> I really feel your pain and I hope you get it sorted out.
> But be sure to start several other apps for iphone as I did and find
> other revenues that do not depends on someone else framework.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Yahel
>
> On 14 juin, 10:57, "n.a" <devuni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Guys and Google,
> > I'm the developer of the most popular flashlight application on the
> > Android Market - Tiny Flashlight + LED (over 6.5 million downloads,
> > top 50 in the overall applications ranking).
>
> > Today I found that Google have deleted my developer account without
> > any notice and removed Tiny Flashlight from the market. I saw the news
> > that Google removed 10 malware apps from the Android Market (http://phandroid.com/2011/06/14/google-removes-10-new-malware-apps-fr...
> > ) and decided to write you.
>
> > Seems like I've been affected by this and I hope this will be resolved
> > soon, because I have invested a lot in Tiny Flashlight. For the one
> > year since Tiny Flashlight has been released, I've managed to create
> > one of the best android applications on the market. Although a
> > flashlight application seems easy to create, it's actually quite hard
> > on android, because the different hardware vendors have different
> > camera drivers and this requires a lot of workarounds just to start
> > the camera led / flash. This takes a lot of time and investment. In
> > the last 4 months alone I had to buy over 20 different android
> > devices, spend huge amounts of time finding a way to start the led on
> > these devices and making the whole process trouble-free for the user.
> > I've also gone a step further. Tiny Flashlight is one of the few
> > applications, which supports all android versions on the market - 1.5,
> > 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, and 3.1. It's the only flashlight
> > application, which still works on Motorola Quench / i1 / Backflip (all
> > Android 1.5).
>
> > Tiny Flashlight has become my primary source of income and the
> > investment I've made is huge. Every single line of code has been
> > written by me (except the Admob, Millennial Media, and Flurry SDKs,
> > but I think they are respectable companies and would never allow any
> > malware in their distributed SDKs).
>
> > I just can not afford to make the tiniest mistake with Tiny
> > Flashlight, because it's one of the top applications on the market and
> > I have over 4 million active users and I've invested my life into
> > this.
>
> > I'm angry that Google never contacted me. They just deleted the whole
> > account. I hope that they will fix it soon, before I lose my users and
> > ranking position.
>
> >http://www.appbrain.com/app/tiny-flashlight-led/com.devuni.flashlight

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment