Saturday, June 11, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Received authentication challenge is null

I have found the problem. It turns out that if the time stamp on your
oAuth call is incorrect, the server returns a 401 status error which
on Android devices causes the "Received authentication challenge is
null" exception to be thrown. All of the devices that were having
this problem had incorrect times, and fixing the times fixed the
problem.

On Jun 10, 7:30 pm, John Gaby <jg...@gabysoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to connect to a site using the oAuth protocol, and I am
> getting the exception 'Received authentication challenge is null' on
> some devices when I attempt to make a https post.  Now this was
> previously working in the emulator, but I now see the error there as
> well.  I did a web search, and it seems like I would get this
> exception when I receive an 401 error from the site.  Others said this
> was due to a malformed authentication header, but I am not setting a
> authentication header at all for this call.
>
> This exact same code works on a number of devices, and used to work in
> the emulator (I cannot figure out what has changed).  The person who
> runs the site has checked his logs, and does not see an error on his
> side at all. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
>
> Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment