Tuesday, June 14, 2011

[android-developers] setOverscrollHeader and setOverscrollFooter don't work (Droid X?)

Since the Droid X Gingerbread update was pushed, I've had a blueish
overscroll on all ListViews within the apps on my device. However, I'm
writing an app in which this blue color clashes pretty bad with the
color scheme. So, I found the setOverscrollHeader and
setOverscrollFooter methods, but passing new drawables to these
methods doesn't seem to do anything. I got the Gingerbread source from
the Android repo and found a couple overscroll drawables (e.g.
overscroll_glow.png). I am not sure if this is the exact type of
drawable I should be using, but I figured I'd give it a try here,
because it's a different one (orangish color) than that which comes
with the Motorola (Droid X) version of Gingerbread. However, this did
not work.

Furthermore, I tried calling getOverscrollHeader and
getOverscrollFooter at runtime and they return null... WHY? I looked
into the open source ListView code and saw where the overscrolls are
initialized (in the constructor), so I don't understand how it could
ever be null. Could Motorola be doing something funky that prevents
these APIs from working?

FWIW, I CAN however set the overscroll mode to OVER_SCROLL_NEVER and
have it never show... but that's not what I want.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment