Monday, June 6, 2011

Re: [android-developers] How can I get app ratings to display on my website?

I have looked at it and it just isn't well done.  Others say the same thing about it.  kinda hacky.  it also doesn't do much good for the average person.

As for "scraping", again, it just doesn't work that way without writing some very custom and possibly privacy leaking code.  In order to "scrape", one would have to either have access to a particular site's API or they would have to write a custom script that on page load would check and update the always changing and variable data.

Again, I'm not looking for a hacky way of doing this.  I was looking for an official way of doing this from Google.  Since there as yet isn't one, then that's Ok.  I'm not going to basically hotlink from google and i'm not going to do the same from another site which is in turn getting the info from yet another site.

Its fine.  If I come across an good, reliable, official way of doing this, then I will gladly share it here.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment