Sunday, June 26, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Comments and Contacting Users

Yeah, all too true.

I have contact info in the application as well, and most (not all, but
most) emails I get are "Sent from my HTC" and "Sent from my Verizon phone".

So these users don't understand something as basic as how to use their
phone's back key.

-- Kostya

26.06.2011 5:21, Halsafar пишет:
> My email address and messages about emailing me are all over the
> description. From my apps it is super easy to get to my website and
> therefore facebook, etc. You are assuming users will take this extra
> step. Why would they when Google says "make your statement here as a
> comment."
>
> You would be surprised how many users don't even understand they can
> get a refund from Google within 15minutes of purchases. These same
> users don't understand that developers can't reply to their comments.
> A lot of users think comments is the way to spark up conversation with
> the developer. I have no expectation to educate all users on these
> facts. Instead it should be very clear on the market pages. This is
> not a problem of not using enough external services. I think Google
> needs to make it more clear that the comments/rating is just that and
> no further conversation can happen. Users have no clue that
> developers can't reply to them.
>
> So my solution is to track their email down via the merchant reports
> and start chatting with them, which I proactively do. However when
> the users name doesn't match the credit card name then it is
> impossible to track them down and solve their issue.


--
Kostya Vasilyev

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment