Saturday, July 23, 2011

[android-developers] Adsense ad causing noticeable lag/framerate issues every time it animates within my game?

Hi, I'm in the process of developing a game with an AdView located at
the top of the screen. The game and ad work beautifully when the
advertisement is pulled from AdMob (I believe because it's just a
static unchanging image), but when the ad is pulled from AdSense there
is noticeable amount of lag or framerate issues everytime the ad
animates the scrolling text.

These issues appear to make the game jumpy as the objects in my
game(missiles) speed forward much faster than they should for the
duration of the ad animation time. I'm fairly new to android and game
development in general, so I feel like I'm doing something wrong as I
have played plenty of android games which do not get this type of lag
with adsense ads.

Perhaps someone with a bit of game experience can lay out the proper
way to add an AdView component to a game.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment