Tuesday, July 12, 2011

[android-developers] IDs used in layout in library project not showing up in R of main project

Hi, I'm having a problem where IDs that I assign to Buttons in a
layout file in a library project weren't showing up in the R files of
my main project. This was leading to compiler errors.

Oddly enough, when I renamed the layout file, the IDs magically
appeared.

I had cleaned/rebuilt the project several times, and even deleted, and
re-synced from our source depot, and nothing worked until I renamed
the layout file.

I tried building from eclipse, and using Ant to compile from the
command line. Both approaches failed until I renamed the layout file.

When I rename the layout file back to the original name, the IDs
disappear again.

Is there some sort of resource cache somewhere that's not getting
updated?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment