Thursday, July 21, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Camera and Encoder related thread query

Dear experts,

Do you have any inputs on my queries?

Thanks,
Ganesh

On Jul 20, 5:28 am, Ganesh <ganesh.vija...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> In case of video recording, there would be 3 major players in the flow
> graph i.e.CameraSource,Encoderencapsulated as an OMXCodec
> component and MPEG4 Writer. I am referring to the one the latest
> versions of code from android GIT and I have this doubt.
>
> - Each of these components read data from the predecessor through
> mSource->read.
>
> - MPEG4 Writer spawns off separate threads for writing tracks.
>
> - However, I couldn't observe that CameraSource and OMXCodec are
> running in different threads. From my current understanding, I presume
> that both of these components run in same thread, probably in a
> sequential manner.
>
> Hence, my doubts are:
>
> 1) Is my current understanding correct or have I missed out any detail/
> implementation related to threads?
>
> 2) Since the default implementation is a stub, is it expected/assumed
> that theCameraHAL implementation would implement a thread of it's
> own, thereby decoupling the capture from the OMXCodec in terms of
> picture capture.
>
> Please help me to correct my misunderstandings. Thanks for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ganesh

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment