Saturday, July 16, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Role of the Compatibility Library?

I would really like to see ActionBar support added in the compat
library.
Since on Android pre-Honeycomb, the action bar pattern is more and
more used (in place of the options menu),
adding ActionBar support in the compat library (maybe with some
restrictions like no navigation views) would be a great addition for
apps that made the effort to use it in 3.x.

I know that for my particular app to which I updated recenlty to use
the ActionBar, I could remove the non ActionBar alternate code (which
does sth similar to the ActionBar) if it was supported in the compat
library.

I'll guess we'll have to wait for ICS to get this stuff unified.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment