Tuesday, July 12, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Intent.ACTION_USER_PRESENT is not triggered before screen lock

ACTION_SCREEN_ON seems good for this, what's your problem with it?

On Jul 7, 11:27 pm, Federico Pelloni <federico.pell...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have a service running in background that checks the orientation
> sensor, I'd like it to stop checking when screen is locked as my
> service does nothing useful then.
> I've done this with a BroadcastReceiver which listens for
> ACTION_SCREEN_OFF and ACTION_USER_PRESENT.
>
> While the first works well, I noticed that ACTION_USER_PRESENT is not
> triggered if the user presses a physical button during the short time
> after the screens switches off but before it gets locked.
> Is this a bug or is it intended to work this way?
>
> In any case, I thought I could workaround this listening also for
> ACTION_SCREEN_ON and then checking whether the screen is locked or
> not, but I couldn't find a way to get this information.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Federico

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment