Sunday, August 7, 2011

[android-developers] Custom contextual menu options don't appear

I am getting bug reports from a very small number of users (two so
far) that my custom contextual menu options don't appear and are
therefore unavailable. This is in an app that has been around for
several years and has an installed customer base of around 130,000. I
have only had two such bug reports so far. Has anyone else ever heard
of such a bug, and in a user-specific manner no less? I know that in
one case the user's setup is an HTC Desire S (he didn't tell me the OS
version) and in the other case the user's setup is an HTC Incredible S
running Android 2.3.3 with HTC Sense 2.1.

Anyone know anything about this? I am rather flustered since I can't
replicate or otherwise easily investigate the problem. I'm worried
this might have something to do with a nonstock Android UI of some
sort, although I thought HTC was generally pretty good about honoring
the Android specs (after all, they built the G1 and the G2 for
heaven's sake).

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment