Friday, August 5, 2011

[android-developers] Get image from Camera, which then is removed/hidden

Hi all. In my app I let the user take a picture, which is then stored
in the app as a Bitmap:

Intent takePicIntent = new Intent
(android.provider.MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE, null);
startActivityForResult(takePicIntent, PICK_IMAGE_FROM_CAMERA_ID);

In onActivityResult:

Bitmap bm = (Bitmap) data.getExtras().get("data");
// process bitmap as necessary


After I've got the data I need, I don't want this image to be viewable
in the image gallery. In effect, as if the photo was never taken. How
can I achieve this please? Is there a way to stop it being saved in
the first place, or do I have to delete it after I've used it?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment