Sunday, August 7, 2011

[android-developers] Re: question about other markets

I'd second TreKing's suggestion to use a separate bug reporting
mechanism.

ACRA handles the reporting mechanism well.
And you can have it deliver the reports to BugSense which seems to do
an excellent job of collating them.

Wililam


On Aug 8, 1:17 pm, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 07:53:31PM -0700, Chrystian Vieyra wrote:
> > I think the only other big market is amazon app store. I am not a big fan of
> > amazon app store, as amazon gets to set the app price
>
> Ok, then ... three questions:
>
>    1) do I get to set a minimum price?
>    2) how much of [price] do they take?
>    3) do they have a sign-up fee and/or per-listing fee (as I've heard
>       Apple does---I read a comment that they charge $100/app uploaded
>       to their market...don't know if it's true or not)?
>
> I'm sitting here looking at a Market that has failed to list Bouncing
> Buckies in the new apps list, and [GASP! SURPRISE] only one (known)
> paid install...and that one probably came from my listing in the
> Android Forums new app announcements page....  I made some changes to
> all of the pages for it today (added a YouTube video), but still have
> yet to see anything ... but, because of a known bug, there could be
> another one, or another hundred or more, or ..... who knows, and from
> what the bug listing says, it might be a while before I know about any
> of them (if any exist).  I'm getting really, really frustrated.  I don't
> even know whether I should work on and release another one, or wait....
> I have the ideas, but.....  (sorry...I'll stop the frustrated rant now)
>
> So I'm seriously considering additional listings on other markets....
>
> Thanks,
>    --jim
>
> --
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
> spooky1...@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W
>
>                My policy on spammers:
>                   "Castrate first, ask questions later."

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment