Friday, August 5, 2011

[android-developers] Still can't log in to update app...

I've been in contact with Market support for a few days and got
some canned answers that did not help. The bottom line is that
I can no longer log in to update my app - any time I log in
(Isn't it http://market.android.com/publish?) it only gives
me a page where I can sign up for a new account. Even then,
it tells me my business name is in use, which of course it is.

I'd buy a new account at this point, but the app is signed, and
some users have it already. I really need to be able to update
the app. A client needs to use it tomorrow. The app is
called ExpoSmart - I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm
in trouble with my boss. I don't suppose there is any human
anywhere to talk to?

Thanks,

Tobiah

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment