Friday, August 19, 2011

[android-developers] suggestions on importing db

In my app I've created and export and import feature which exports
some database files that you can import using the Import feature. It
works but have noticed that when the database is really large it is
really slow(~10 minutes) doing the import.

What I am basically doing in the import is querying the imported DB
and then inserting the result into the application database. I'm not
sure if there is a faster method to do this but if there is any
suggestions is greatly appreciated.

* I'm not threading out any of the queries but I don't think that will
make it any faster but if I'm wrong I'd like to know.


Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment