Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Re: [android-developers] New (?) market bug: most free games are GONE

What I mean is that roughly a thousand apps are available without prior
knowledge of their names. If you know the name of the app you're looking
for, then you can find anything in the market. But I would argue that
the point of a market is to introduce you to new things that arguably
you don't know the name of. I wonder why they decided to limit it.
Perhaps the state management was too hard to handle.

On 8/25/2011 7:25 AM, Jim Graham wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 07:12:01AM +0800, Christopher Van Kirk wrote:
>> I noticed that myself the other day. From the handset's point of
>> view the entire library of Android apps amounts to maybe a thousand
>> of the top apps.
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying that what's
> there now is a thousandth of what was there? That would make sense,
> based on what I'm seeing.
>
> Oh well, I didn't see anything that matched what I was looking for,
> so I guess after that short review, I'm done...just have to go with
> what I already have installed. :-(
>
> Later,
> --jim
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment