Sunday, September 4, 2011

[android-developers] Advice Wanted: Common Authentication App for Suite

Just got done with "Hello, Android" from Pragmatic and have my first
question. My apologies for the newbie-ish-ness. I'm coming from the
Windows / C# / .NET world...

How would you recommend creating a common authentication / login
module for my use in multiple applications?

The product that I want to create is actually a suite of
applications... smaller apps that work together as a whole. There are
several components (Views, sequences, services, etc.) that I see being
needed for all of the applications. For example, the opening sequence
and the login / enrollment views. I'm looking for some guidance on
how to create those reusable views / modules.

The enrollment / signup process of my suite connects to a WCF web
service and walks the user through either creating an account or
linking their account to their phone. It will also allow the user to
authenticate if they are already signed up. The book I read
unfortunately only TOUCHES upon creating reusable applications...
doesn't really go into detail about it. I'm also not sure if having a
separate enrollment application in the application list is desirable.

Thanks --
-- Greg D.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment