Tuesday, September 6, 2011

[android-developers] Extended image data types

I've got a feature in a couple of my live wallpapers that allow the
user to select a custom image. I then load it, resize it to a power
of two, and use that as the background or what have you.

I'm trying to figure out why some of these come in rotated or
mirrored, despite displaying correctly in the Gallery. My test case
is an image that reads upside down (not rotated, mirrored
vertically). I thought I just wasn't compensating for EXIF tags, but
I checked the orientation there and it shows up as ORIENTATION_UNKNOWN
rather than ORIENTATION_FLIP_VERTICAL like I was expecting.

From there I read about the ImageColumns entries and checked that, but
ImageColumns only has tags for rotation, not mirroring.

So, if this data isn't in EXIF, and isn't in ImageColumns, yet is
obviously being displayed properly in the gallery, what am I missing?
All the searches I do just point me at these two places. Help?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment