Friday, September 9, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Bluetooth sync fails.

I've had to do a lot of research with Bluetooth recently (trying to
connect to a non-Android device and haven't had any luck at all...may
be a flaw is the other Device's adherence to the spec perhaps).
Anyway, in doing my research I ran across someone complaining about a
situation similar to yours. They said that they could only get it to
work if they stopped and restarted the application. Something about a
cache or something I thought. You might want to go to the Android bug
search page (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/advsearch) and
have a look as this might just be a known issue and they may have a
work around for you.

Good luck. I find that Bluetooth with Android isn't exactly where I
had hoped it would be.

On Sep 9, 1:05 pm, Ankur Avlani <ankuravl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop an application on bluetooth.  I am successfully able
> to pair and send,receive data.  Everything works fine.  I have a service
> running in the background, which keep on checking for any incoming
> connections.  Now if i leave the device as is for an hour or more.  Android
> automatically stops and later starts the service.  After the service
> restarts, I am not successfully able to receive any incoming connections
> from Bluetooth.  There are no error in the logs as such.
>
> Googling suggested to try START_STICKY and power wake.  I have tried
> START_STICKY for the service and Power wake as well.  But all this doesnt
> seem to help.
>
> Any pointers is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Ankur.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment