Monday, September 26, 2011

[android-developers] unanswered topic: premature alarm problems


Hello again,

Besides my question about parcelable and extras which ended with TreKing's suggestion about Bundleable  I still got no feedbac
on the following problem...

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:12 PM, John Goche <johngoche99@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am having a few problems with my alarm code.

1. Suppose I set the alarm for the first time for it to expire at a future time.
    In this case it goes off immediately instead of after the del
 
2. Every other time following the first time I set the alarm again for it to expire at some future time
    it again goes off immediately, but this time displaying the data in the parcel I passed to it the first time.


I found the following thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4003892/set-the-time-in-alarm-manager-android-alarm-fired-instantly
where the poster has the same problem as mine. Someone suggested that cal.getTimeInMillis() is returning the current time
but even in my code this is not the case (in fact my code is the same as the original poster).

Anyone know what is wrong with the OP's code? Anyone have the same problem. No error messages in CatLog for this one.
Just an immediate firing of the broadcast receiver.

Regards,

John Goche

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment