Friday, October 14, 2011

[android-developers] SIP Registration problem.

Hi,
I'm having two problems with SIP in android 2.3.3

1.) If I call setPort on SIPProfile.Builder then my To and From
headers is constructed with portnumber.
example:
<sip:12223334444@open-ims.test:4060>

When SIP REGISTER goes to OpenIMSCore platform it could not
handle it. I haven't read the RFC-3261 completely
but I don't see any examples referencing it as above for To and
From headers.

If I send REGISTER message with To and From header as
<sip:12223334444@open-ims.test> then it works fine (not completely
ran into problem-2).

2.) AuthUserName is not able to set in 2.3.3.

I found a link where Android SIP developer mentioned that it is
available in 2.3.3 but not sure what I'm missing.
http://www.onsip.com/blog/leo/2011/01/05/our-evaluation-of-android-gingerbreads-native-sip-calling-with-the-nexus-s

The document says setAuthUserName is available in API level 12.

At least I have work around for 1 but 2 is a blocker for me.

Any pointers would be a great help...
thanks
-lb

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment