Tuesday, November 22, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Reconnect on ACTION_SCREEN_ON - wifi icon incorrect

This is actually happening with the ACTION_SCREEN_OFF part of the
listener. I am turning wifi off when the screen goes off and even if I
don't turn it back on when the screen comes on, when I manually turn
on wifi, I still have this icon problem. I am stumped and I have tried
everything that I can.

On Nov 20, 11:03 pm, Keith Hill <dik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a service that is using a BroadcastReceiver to watch for
> ACTION_SCREEN_ON.  When that happens, I am using a wifimanager to turn
> wifi back on and reconnect.  For some reason, I connect to the network
> just fine, but the icon in the notification bar shows that I am not
> connected.  Instead of showing the blue icon (honeycomb), it changes
> to a semi white status icon, even though I have a connection.  It
> almost looks like the status when it is in the process of connecting,
> but not as white.  Any ideas as to why this would be happening?
>
> The only way to fix it is to reboot the device.  Even turning the wifi
> off and back on manually won't fix the icon error.
>
> Help is greatly appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment