Wednesday, December 7, 2011

[android-developers] Re: parsing nested xml tags using sax parser

On Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:49:58 PM UTC-8, dualcoir wrote:
sir [sic] Lew, can you give me a sample project to work on unknown
hierarchies of elements[?]

Generally you need to know the element hierarchy, i.e., the DTD or schema, to know what to do with each element.

You can parse more generally, I suppose, but I don't have any sample projects at hand.  I could surely Google some up for you, but why would I 
do that if you aren't willing to do it for yourself? 

Your original question didn't pertain to unknown hierarchies.

When I've worked up SAX parsers, I got the logic by reading the introductory tutorials and documentation on SAX parsers, combined with 
careful thought about the problem at hand.  I wrote a handler for each element type, the parent type of which had an instance variable 
'parentElement' to point to the enclosing element.

Anyway, GIYF.

-- 
Lew


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment