Monday, December 12, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Problems with the new Lint functionality

Actually, I am not sure if it's ignored, or badly presented or what,
but the change doesn't seem to work reliably.

On Dec 13, 12:16 pm, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It has the potential to catch a bunch of errors, but it (almost) broke
> my build.
>
> One of the checks is a hard-error for missing translations.  That's
> all fine and dandy, but in my case, the missing translations are on
> purpose.  I have the following:
>
> - I have my base English strings in values, no qualifiers.  These
> strings use the British spellings.
> - I override some of those strings to provide a US spelling in values-
> en-rUS.
>
> I am getting Lint hard errors on missing strings in en-rUS.  Editing
> the project properties or the global properties and turing of the
> check DOES NOT WORK on Windows.  The change is simply ignored.
>
> I managed to turn off the check by using the toolbar on the Lint
> window, but this is far from obvious.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment