Wednesday, December 21, 2011

[android-developers] Two projects use one library, one fails with "Couldn't get connection factory client"

I am confused, as I have two projects using the same library, and that library has the key for the maps api, so both projects use the exact same key every time.

The free version of my application has this error, so it can't create the map overlay, whereas the pay version works properly.

I copied all the code for my map activity from the project that works to the one that doesn't, thinking perhaps I am doing something different, but that isn't the case.

I had tried it with the debug key and put it on my phone, and then I tried it with the export and signed package, but in both ways the same behavior happens.

I am not certain where else I can look.  

The two manifests are identical except for some permissions, as the paid version has a couple more permissions needed, and they point to different packages.

So, I then moved the map activity to the library project, and took out the one function that is different, and implemented that in a new class inside each project.

Again, the same behavior, where the free version has this error and the for pay version works properly.

So, they are using the same map key and the same map activity.

The function that replaces the abstract function is:

public boolean onOptionsItemSelected(MenuItem item) {

--
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
- Robert McCloskey

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment