Monday, February 13, 2012

[android-developers] Need help testing an app!

I wonder if anybody please could help me test an app that I made?
I have made an Android app to a school here in sweden and one guy says
that its not working.

The guy has a Google Galaxy Nexus with OS 4.0.2, but it would be good
to get tests from other phones too!

I have tested it in the Eclipse Emulator with OS 2.2, 2.3 and the
latest 4.0.3, I have also tested it on my Samsung Galaxy 9001 with OS
2.3.3 and on my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy 9000 with OS 2.2 and it is
working as is should, no faults!
The only thing that doesnt work is saving a localStorage value in 2.2,
and therefor I have released it with OS 2.3.7.

I think it is something wrong with his phone and not the app!?
Off course I could be wrong, but its strange that it work for me and
not for him!

You find the app here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.manmade.se
or you will find the apk file here: http://www.manmade.se/iphone/sam/sam1.4.apk

To test the shedule in the app, do this:
1. In the menu click "Schema".
2. Click on the button at the top right corner "Persnr"
3. Write 19951003-5489 in the text field and click "Spara".
This saves the personal number to a localStorage, and only has to be
done ones.
An alert will show up saying "Personnummer sparat", which is a
confirmation that the number has been saved.
4. Return to the menu and start the "Schema" page again.
5. Click the link "Mitt Schema".
Now you should see a shedule!

1. Doesnt all phones that is running the Android OS work the same
way?
2. Could you please also test the other pages in the app and see if
you see anything strange?
3. Could you please write down the phone you are testing it on and
also what version of OS it is.


If you get an error saying:
Application Error The connection to the server was unsuccessful.
(file:///android_asset/www/index.html)
This is due to slow connection and is fixed in my latest release
version, but not in the above, so just ignore that thanks.
But if you find any other problems please let me know.
Thanks a lot for your time and help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment