Friday, July 13, 2012

[android-developers] Forcing lower resolution drawables on phones with big screens and small RAM

Hey there,

I've tried to find info on this, but it seems like a pretty esoteric case.  I'll admit that I'm probably completely off-base to start, but the app is 99% done, so I'd rather not change my implementation from it's current state.  I have an animation that I'm using a big list of drawables to display, and while it works fine on phones with enough RAM, I get "VM out of memory" crashes on devices with basically 512 MB RAM and below.

I've found the getMemoryClass() function, which seems to report "32" for a device with 512MB.  I tried overriding the density value, which successfully avoided the crash, but also resized my whole view!  All I want is to be able to programmatically tell the view framework to default to the low-res images.  Is this possible?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment