Wednesday, July 11, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean & GIF Images Not Showing?

Avoid using GIF. Use PNGs.

Jpeg is accetable

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:52:20 PM UTC+5:30, Josh F. wrote:
I'm wondering if it is "just me" or not, but I have a game that has been out for years now that uses GIF files for some of the bigger images (many are PNG, but some are GIF).  In the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release, the emulator continues to show these images without any problems in every configuration I have tried, but the devices that are running 4.1 right now (the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus) both fail to show these images in the game.  There is no crash and no other failure and the game behaves as if the images are present (some you can select/touch/etc. and it works).

As I don't yet have a 4.1 device (unable to get tickets to Google I/O which is the only way to have a legitimate one right now) and I do not want to flash a hacked ROM on my own Galaxy Nexus test devices (we keep them stock for testing) I was hoping someone else in the community has seen this and has a recommendation.  Otherwise, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of GIF to PNG conversions for the next few days...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment