Wednesday, September 12, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Using X509 certificate in android application

Hi all,

I want to make a install a client certificate on my device which will be used to authenticate my device's id to a HTTP(not HTTPS) server.

I have a valid client certificate which I can install on my device manually but cannot detect the certificate .

Please help me in verifying the presence of certificate on my non rooted device.


Regards
Piyush

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:36:17 PM UTC+5:30, android_newbie wrote:

I am developing an android application that uses a public key certificate to sign messages sent to the server. When the user logs in to the app, he receives a x509 certificate from the server. Now, when he wants to send messages to the server, he has to sign the message using the certificate public key and send it to the server along with the message. I am new to security in android and I don't know how to go about this. These are some of the questions I have:

  1. How can i securely store the certificate in the phone so that my app can use it to sign messages sent to the server?

  2. I am also planning to do key rotation once in some time. So, the server will send the updated certificate to the user and my app has to update the certificate stored in the phone.

If you can point me to a tutorial or any issues i need to carefully handle , it will be really helpful. Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment