Thursday, September 13, 2012

[android-developers] Tabs fragments and split view

Hi,

I know it says clearly "if you are new in Android, ask Stack owerflow" but, when you do that you get negative votes there and lot of smart heads is giving you hard time :))

Not always, but.

What I need to do is get view that looks closest to Google Play app when open on certain application, with a minor difference that it has to have tabs.

so First "part" should be slider that slides (like images slide on G.Play), and lower part should be scrollable list.

Now, I've read ton's of examples, I've managed to create single Activity with 2 fragments in frames, but I can't get it to work within Tabs.

I'd love to stick to fragments, because first item "List Item 1" actually reloads similar layout under same tab.

Can anyone give me some advise as I struggled like this:
- I created tabs that are generated through class that implements Actionbar.tabs - can't inflate it
- I've implemented them through SherlockFragmentActivity implements ActionBar.TabListener, ViewPager.OnPageChangeListener - can't get listview to be inflated
- I've tried using TabActivity examples - that is depricated

Can anyone give me directions or working example how to handle tabs, where each tab handle some activity.

Yes, I need custom tabs with icons attached, and some text under icon.

Closest to what I need is asked here, but I do not understand, are these tabs at all or image buttons?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12372435/how-to-create-tabs-like-twitter-or-instagram-to-work-on-all-android-platforms

Tnx for any advise, help, suggestion.




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment