Saturday, September 15, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Copy protection

Hi.
The documentation says that the licensing service is a replacement, and the app can be installed on more phones.
  • A limitation of the legacy Copy Protection mechanism on Google Play is that applications using it can be installed only on compatible devices that provide a secure internal storage environment. For example, a copy-protected application cannot be downloaded from Google Play to a device that provides root access, and the application cannot be installed to a device's SD card.
 But my doubt is that if I set copy protection to disabled, the apk remains in the phone and the user can copy it, decompile the code ...
And i think that with copy protection enabled can prevent this. I'm right?

I hope I'm explaining well, I'm not english speaker.
Thanks.

El sábado, 15 de septiembre de 2012 22:01:32 UTC+2, TreKing escribió:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Vidal Pérez Leida <vida...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I'm using the licensing service in my app, I have to set the copy protection activated
in the developer console?

Did you read the documentation for the licensing service?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment