Thursday, December 13, 2012

[android-developers] 2 really simple Google Wallet / in-app purchase questions

To test in-app purchases I need to create a second google account and add it as a test account through the dev console.  I also have to attach a credit card to the account through Google Wallet so it can actually purchase my in-app items.

Question: Google Wallet's webpage seems to have some notion of Google Wallet on the device.  I presume this is some "square"-like thing for making day to day payments with one's phone, right?  As such, am I correct in assuming I don't need to take that step to test in-app purchases?  Is merely attaching a credit card to the test account sufficient to enable it to purchase the in-app items available through my app?

Followup: I have read a few horror stories of people having their developer accounts suspended even though they correctly set up a test account and listed it through the developer console.  Can anyone report on this?  I am terrified to even try to  test the in-app purchases on my app for fear that Google will ban me...but I absolutely have to test the system before I will willingly trust it to the wild.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment